Visa Information


对于需要会议接收函或者邀请信,以便于给学校请假的中国作者, 请联系APCT 2024会议秘书。

Invitation Letter

Conference participants may need a Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.

For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.

If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the APCT 2024 local arrangement committees will be glad to help. To obtain an invitation letter, please send e-mail to, together with your registration info., and in the case of being an author, your accepted paper ID. The conference secretary will then send a formal invitation letter issued by the organizing committees by email. Please note that the letter may be helpful for your visa application, but cannot guarantee you a visa.

Necessary materials to apply for Chinese Visa

1. A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;

2. One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;

3. One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);

4. Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;

5. Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer.

* The above info. is for reference only. For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.

Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China and obtain a tourist visa irrespective of whether or not they have registered with the Conference Secretary. If participants have any difficulties in obtaining their visa, they should contact the Conference Secretary.